-->

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easy Korean Cucumber Salad

So I apologize for the rather extended hiatus, but I'm back! At present I'm doing a two week raw cleanse, so I'll be posting some raw recipes I've created as well as about my experience in general.

The first thing I thought I'd share is a favorite dish from my childhood. As a kid, I would often go with my dad to a Korean restaurant called Shin La in Brattleboro, VT. I always got the cucumber salad and found it absolutely otherworldly; I didn't know at the time, but this would be just the beginning of my love for sesame.

I love this recipe because it's something that's extremely flexible and works as a side dish for a lot of meals. Sometimes I'll just make a batch of the marinade and get a rotation going where I buy a new cucumber everyday, chop it up, marinate it, and eat it the following day. Rinse, wash, repeat. It's great!

1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
2 T organic soy sauce
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T sesame oil
1 T sesame seed
1 T agave nectar or honey

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes. It should keep 4-5 days.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment